|The Vernon in 1968|
- Ruthie was like a big sister; Sultana was nearly another Mom.
- 25 cents for a draft beer...a dollar went a long way!
- Pitchers of beer were $1.50 fall of freshman year. Delta Sig owned the corner booth.
- There was a bowling machine in the bar
- The TV over the bar at the Vernon was whereI saw Neil Armstrong walk on the moon July 1969. What a great, productive, action-packed summer.
- Ruthie Collins was a Zeta Honorary.
- Many fun times at the Vernon...dominoes in the front booth, bowling machine in the back, pickled eggs, hop skip and go nakeds, $1 pitchers on Fridays...
- A HUGE jar of pickled eggs on the bar at Ruthie's/ Vernon- they looked horrible but were so good!
|Advertisement for The Vernon, 1966 Clarkson yearbook|
In July 17 2012 a microburst storm ripped the roof off the building, so Sergi's temporarily relocated to 38 Market Street. The building was repaired and they reopened July 2013.